From the Inside . . . to the Outside . . . HTP® Welders are built tough to last long!
1. Control Transformer – Provides low voltage to run the printed circuit board, wire drive motor, and main relay. While many companies take this voltage from the main welding transformer, shortening the life of the transformer and ot providing as stable a voltage supply, our machines come standard with this separate transformer.
2. Printed Circuit Board – Our solid state printed circuit board can be removed and installed in seconds, without any tools for easy, do-it-yourself service.
3. Main Relay Mechanism – One of the main reasons you will fall in love with your MIG welder. Imagine touching the welding wire exactly where you want to start welding, pulling the trigger, and starting the weld right there in that exact spot. With a main relay, the wire is not "electrically hot" until you pull the trigger.
4. Copper Windings in the Main Transformer – As we all know, copper conducts electricity better than aluminum and lasts a lot longer. Copper, most importantly however, provides a smooth stable arc. Just what you're looking for, right?
5. Circuit Breaker Protection – HTP uses circuit breakers on the primary input side of the welder which helps to protect the internal components from damage.
6. Thermoswitch Protection – In the unlikely event you exceed the duty cycle of your HTP welder, don't worry, the thermoswitch will shut the machine down, protecting the internal components from overheating.
A. Powder Coated Cabinets – We powder coat our cabinets to keep your welder looking good years down the road.
B. Stitch and Spot Welding – Many other companies charge extra for these features, but at HTP they are standard equipment. Why? Because it makes welding on light gauge sheet metal easier and faster with less warpage and less chance of burn through.
C. 10 ft. Coaxial Welding Gun – The coaxial design of our welding gun provides a smooth, consistent wire feed – essential when it comes to a nice, smooth, stable arc. Also, you can remove and install the welding gun without any tools, which makes changing over to a teflon liner for aluminum welding easy.
D. 16 Gauge Steel Cabinet – We build our cabinets out of 16 gauge steel, not plastic like a lot of our competition and, rather than using sheet metal screw, we MIG weld our cabinets – resulting in a rugged cabinet, designed for years of use.
E.10´ Ground Cable – Easily removed without any tools - an important feature if you happen to drop something on it, sever the cable, and need to replace it.
F. Reverse Polarity – Right on the front of the welder and without any tools – just in case you want to use "gasless" flux-cored wires.
G. Full Undercarriage– HTP includes wheels and a gas bottle tray as standard equipment. If we didn't, how else would you move your welder around the shop to your project?
H. Recessed Controls – All of our potentiometers are recessed which helps prevent accidental damage.